Tuesday, August 13, 2013

New Uniforms, Good Change?

Picture Source www.nhl.com

On June 4th, 2013 the Carolina Hurricanes unveiled a "new" home and away jersey.  Why do I use quotations when I refer to the jerseys as new?  Well, as new as these jerseys are to us as fans I feel they are more of an old style.  This new uniform revamp is a change from head to toe.   

When I first saw the new jerseys there were mixed feelings.  I do like the more traditional feel that these sweaters present, but I feel like they may be too generic.  The previous jerseys were more of an identity for the team.  If you were to remove the logos from the old jerseys the team was still recognizable.  Now, with the new jerseys, I feel that removing the logo from these jerseys would render them unrecognizable.  The hurricane warning band on the bottom of the jerseys was the defining characteristic.  I have heard rumors that they removed these because of the insensitivity that it presented to hurricane victims.  Whether this is true or not I don't know, but I can't imagine how it could be offensive.  I don't mind change, but to me change in the roster that could mean the difference between post season or not is more important than how we look on the ice.

Being the Caniac that I am, I have no doubt that one of these jerseys will be hanging in my closet at some point this year.  I am slightly torn on which jersey to buy.  I would like to know what you guys think about the new jerseys.  Whether you like them or not please comment and let us know.  Also, I would like help to determine which jersey I should get come game time.

No comments:

Post a Comment