Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Eric or Jordan?

Picture Source: www.nydailynews.com

The National Hockey League's Facebook page yesterday posted a picture of Eric and Jordan Staal asking which brother is better.  That post from the NHL gave Andrew and I a very good idea for our next article (this article) and we actually have different opinions about which one is the better Staal.  Hopefully after reading this article you guys can decide for yourself which Staal, Eric or Jordan, is better.

Chris:  
I honestly believe that Jordan is the better player between the two.  He is a great play-maker and seems to be in the right place at the right time.  When he first joined the Canes I was a little skeptical at first because he had just left a team that had phenomenal chemistry in Pittsburgh to join his brother here in Carolina.  But, he proved me wrong and is a consistent player who has shown his worth on the team this past season with 31 points (10 goals, 21 assists) in 48 games.  He has the hands to move around players in order to create more room on the ice for himself and his teammates.  Him being on the team has made the team better and I hope that he and the other new young guns on the team like Semin and Tlusty are just what the team needs to make it into the playoffs. 

Andrew:
I am here to end the age old debate on which Staal brother is better.  Aside from popular belief that Jared is the best Staal(yeah right); between Eric and Jordan I would have to say Eric.  Eric, especially recently, has been a legit force in the NHL.  His on-ice presence and skill have been effective in both the offensive and defensive zone.  Eric has accumulated 627 points in his 9(well 8.5) seasons in the NHL.  Jordan has accumulated 279 points in his 7(6.5) seasons in the NHL.  Eric has proven to be a diligent leader both on and off the ice.  While I am saying that Eric is better, I am by no means down playing the skill of Jordan Staal.  Jordan will be a sensational addition to our roster.  In his first season with the Canes he has proven to be a legitimate threat and a thorough leader.  My one concern with Jordan was his timidness when it came to shooting the puck.  I feel like getting Jordan to be confident in taking shots is the first key to making him a true second line center.  I also believe that with better wingers, basically not Chad LaRose, Jordan Staal can have a banner year.  Either way I am happy to have both Eric and Jordan Staal on the team and look forward to the upcoming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment